Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thank you Honey!



My mom is SO WONDERFUL! She has been here with us the past week helping take care of Lila. She is the administrator of First Woodway Christian School in Waco and as anyone who is involved in education knows, this is the craziest time of the year. Needless to say she did not need to take off seven days and come stay in Houston, but of course for her 5th grandchild she wouldn't miss it.

She is such a great source of information for me during this time. She knows all about nursing, bath time, sleep patterns, burping, swaddling and everything else that is so new to me. She is very calm and makes everything seem like that's how it is for everyone. She did all the laundry, dishes, cleaning and food prep on top of taking all the nights inbetween feedings. I literally would wake up feed Lila and hand her off to Honey for 2 hours.

I hope that one day I can be the kind of mother to Lila that she is to me. I will say prayers with her every night and let her sleep with me when she has bad dreams. I will build tents with her in the living room and go to all of her gymnastic meets. I will take her to church every Sunday and to the movies every Friday. I will teach her to make Wanda's almond cookies and to be a good friend. I will encourage her to be independent and always let her know how much I love her.

I love you mom and I really appreciate your help and your prayers for baby Lila

4 comments:

Kensie said...

OMG! I totally understand what you're saying about your mom. Mine came and stayed with me just like yours and it was WONDERFUL! To let Brandon sleep when he went back to work, mom and I would sleep in the living room...me on the sofa and her on the chair and ottoman. Tyler would be between us and once I fed him, she would do the rest! I just felt better having her there! I'm always telling her that I want to be a mom just like her......we're fortunate to have moms like that!

Caryn said...

Isn't she the best. Stacey and I still marvel at how amaing she was those first weeks after the boys arrived. Such a sweet post for our sweet MOM - I LOVE YOU!!

shannonmichaelis said...

Amen, sister! Moms are the best, and let's hope we can do the same for our kids someday!

angie said...

Tears! What a wonderful post Kacey. Such true words. I Love you so much. I was thinking about you this morning and wishing you peace sister:)Can't wait to see you and Lila (and of course uncle josh) soon!