On December 1 we celebrated Lila's 2nd birthday! Her favorite book since I can remember has been the Very Hungry Caterpillar. I thought she would love a party about the book, so I ran with it. Because of a certain ticking baby clock, we had an easy Wednesday morning party with just her little playgroup of friends over to the house. I really was worried that I was going to have the baby and have to cancel, but luckily we got to party on and celebrate Miss Lila Lew!
Clearly a broken record, but b/c I'm in my 9th month and didn't want to over do it, I did a little planning and decorating every day for a week or so. Spreading it out just meant that Lila got to get more and more excited every day with each new addition! By Wednesday morning, she was going all over the house singing about her Caterpillar party and how it was HER birthday!
Here she is coming out of the caterpillar tunnel eagerly awaiting the start of the party :)

The banner on the mantle.
Balloon caterpillars around the house.
Again, the excited birthday girl!
Lila's birthday book.
2nd year pics of Lila and how she has grown!!
Tissue paper butterfly up on the wall.
...and sun in the kitchen.
The food table.
I had the fruit from the book for the kiddos to snack on. In the kitchen I had the "sausage and cheese" for the Mommies.
The guests made tiny little canvases with a thumbprint caterpillar to take home.
The cake.
Thankfully Josh was able to take off work for a couple of hours to help out. After the kids ate, he read the Very Hungry Caterpillar to them. Notice who was most captivated by this :)
When the story was finished, the kids all got to tun into butterflies too.
I think the boys becoming butterflies was the cutest thing!!!
Even though it was a little cold, the kids all played outside.
Then it was time for cake!
Lila has been singing the Happy Birthday song to herself for about a month and practices blowing when it's done...So she was really excited when it was for real!
Then came present time! A big girl jewelry box from GP and Honey:)
I forgot to mention that since the party was in the middle of the week, none of our out of town family or cousins could come. And Angie and Ally had strep. Luckily, Honey brought Ryan with her from school and made the party! Lila was attached to him the whole time! You can't tell, but I think he enjoyed the adoration :)
I can't believe my baby girl is officially 2!! On to the next year!!!



8 comments:
What an amazing party! Lila looks so precious!
sooo cute. look at you, blogging till the very end!!! :) how do you do it?? :)
Oh this party is SO cute! I love every single detail:).
SO CUTE, Kace!!!! All the decorations looked JUST like the book! So sweet. You did great!!
Love it all! Love that dress of Lila, Josh reading to everyone, the decor, all of it. Yea for 2!
THIS IS ADORABLE Kacey! I love learning from my oh-so-creative friends! Looks like you guys had a great time! I will begin planning Emerson's big day very soon! It just doesn't seem possible that they are already 2!
I read this post on my phone and couldn't comment but DARLING DARLING DARLING party I loved every single little detail - just perfect!
This is amazing! My daughter is turning 2 next month and while looking for Very Hungry Caterpillar ideas, I came across your page. And wouldn't you know, her name is Lila. I nearly fell out of my chair! I'll be using some of your ideas for sure ;)
Post a Comment