Today I officially won mom of the year!
Lila and I went shopping at HEB for our weekly groceries. She was surprisingly happy considering it was close to lunch time and nap time. When we were done I did what I always do. I put her in the car first then I unloaded the groceries. I hurried over to put the cart up and ran back to the car. Imagine my surprise to find that the doors were all locked. There was Lila, inside the locked car, chewing on the keys!!!
I tried not to panic and reached for my phone. Oh Wait...my purse was already in the car! I checked on my precious one through the window and she thought this was all very amusing. She had dropped the keys and was now playing "Peak-a-boo". Great?
Thankfully Waco has some very nice people who aren't afraid of crazy ladies running up to their car and asking to use their cell phone:)
I called my mom, who called my sister, who called pop a lock and saved the day! Thanks Angie! 30 minutes later when I got to Lila she was a little pink cheeked but no worse for the wear. Thank the Lord it wasn't July! So, lesson learned. New mom mistake # ??? Don't let the baby chew on the keys while you unload groceries:)
Lila and I went shopping at HEB for our weekly groceries. She was surprisingly happy considering it was close to lunch time and nap time. When we were done I did what I always do. I put her in the car first then I unloaded the groceries. I hurried over to put the cart up and ran back to the car. Imagine my surprise to find that the doors were all locked. There was Lila, inside the locked car, chewing on the keys!!!
I tried not to panic and reached for my phone. Oh Wait...my purse was already in the car! I checked on my precious one through the window and she thought this was all very amusing. She had dropped the keys and was now playing "Peak-a-boo". Great?
Thankfully Waco has some very nice people who aren't afraid of crazy ladies running up to their car and asking to use their cell phone:)
I called my mom, who called my sister, who called pop a lock and saved the day! Thanks Angie! 30 minutes later when I got to Lila she was a little pink cheeked but no worse for the wear. Thank the Lord it wasn't July! So, lesson learned. New mom mistake # ??? Don't let the baby chew on the keys while you unload groceries:)
5 comments:
OMG! I can't even imagine what that must have been like for you. I am glad it all turned out okay for you.
OH MY GOODNESS. So glad it worked out OK!!! I'm sure she enjoyed a little alone time.
At least she didn't get into your purse, we saw a America's Funniest Home Videos where a little girl was locked in the car and got into some VERY red lipstick :)
Sweet Kacey! I thought you handeled that situation like a professional mommy:-). Seriously you are calm under pressure, and Lila thought it was a super fun game!!! So funny.
Oh, Kacey, you poor thing! I know that threw you for a loop!
Sounds like you did exactly what you needed to do though. Glad all is well---and I can totally see myself doing the same thing.
I know it was so not funny, but I am laughing!!! I have done the same thing!!!!! Katie was atleast old enough for me to say push all of the buttons and she finally popped the back, but atleast we were at home!!!!
Post a Comment