Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Lila!

I can't believe that one year ago my baby was born. One year ago my world was rocked, my life was changed forever! Lila was born at 4:01 pm at Hermann Memorial Hospital in Houston. I can remember in the moments before she got here wondering what she was going to look like, how she would act, what kind of mother I would be??? Then she made her grand appearance and it all melted away. She was PERFECT!!! She made us a family!

In the days since then (all 365 to be exact) I have learned so much about myself, Josh and her. I don't worry about being the best mom in the world, I just wake up every day and pray to God that I'll be the kind of mom she needs me to be. Lila has taught me to love mornings...even if it's before 7:) She has taught me that it doesn't matter how clean the house is or how cute my outfit is as long as we have time together she is happy. I fall in love with my hubby all over again every time I see him cuddle her. I have learned that no matter what kind of mistakes I make one day, the next is a new one.

Lila is growing into this beautiful, hilarious, stubborn, sweet, outgoing little girl and we couldn't be prouder. She has 8 teeth!! and loves to eat:) She has taken a few steps, but still prefers to crawl. It seems like she learns a new word every day. However, she starts each morning off with "Hi Puppy" no matter where Cooper is. Her favorite thing to do is "swing, swing" and she always wants to be outside.

I feel a little sad today that my baby is growing up so fast, but I am loving every minute of it!!
This was this morning at breakfast. She had a cupcake of course! Please excuse the singing and pjs. It was 6:30 for cryin' out loud:)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I don't know if it's my computer, but the sound didn't work! I was so sad to not hear her birthday song! :-) The post is precious and so so sweet. I am so thankful I finally got to meet that sweet face last weekend! What a treat! Happy Birthday to Lila!

angie said...

Sweet one year old!!! I am so glad she's one and I love getting to see her all the time. Happy Birthday Lila lew!

Vanessa said...

Holy Cow Eight TEETH! Brooklyn barley has three with number four tring to make its way in. Lila is a precious little girl. Congrats on the last year and to many more!

Nicki W. said...

love. her. we miss you guys. we need to WALK over and play--we need to take advantage of that, girl! xoxo

oh and post some party pics!