We had our 2 month check up yesterday. Lila is growing so much. She is 24 inches long (95th %) and 11 lbs 3oz (50th%)! She was so happy, smiling and talking to the nurses...until they gave her her shots. She screamed and screamed. I don't think I am going to handle the toddler stage very well, when she is falling and getting hurt all the time, because when she looked up at me with that sad painful face, I about lost it. Josh says it's important for her to learn that she can recover from these things and to calm herself down, but I absolutely HATE seeing her scared like that. I should tell you she did fine and recovered like 30 seconds later. It was me who was the saddest. pathetic, I know
The rest of the day she was just really cranky and tired. The only thing that seemed to make her happy was her singing sunshine on her play mat.
4 comments:
Bless her heart!! Shots are NO fun!!! Tyler was cranky and cried whenever he moved his legs when he got his shots! I HATED to see him in pain because he just didn't know what to do and the more he kicked his legs, the worse it got!!! Just think...we got several more rounds of these before it's over.....Lord help us!!
Poor baby :( Glad you survived, the first shots are a write of passage. I CAN NOT wait to see you hold Miss Lila Lou tomorrow!!!!!
Kacey,
The secret is to give Tylenol just before you go to the doctor! I found that that works every time!! How much longer are you home? I have been thinking about you!
Our singing sunshine went everywhere with us. We actually ordered another one because it was the only thing that calmed often. One was in the house and one was hooked onto her carseat ALWAYS!! She still likes it!
Post a Comment