This is a picture of Lila and I on my first mother's day weekend! How great is it to have a day dedicated solely to moms! Now that I am officially part of the "club" I can say it is the hardest and best job there is. I know how cliche that sounds, but it's true! I love being Lila's mom! Some days when she isn't sleeping, has spit up (or worse) on every surface of my body and decides to cry for no apparent reason it is hard to remember what a blessed gift it really is. How amazing is it that God chose ME to be her mom?! I feel so thankful that he brought her into our lives 5 months ago.
I am also so blessed in my family to have amazing moms around to support me that I have to give a little shout out!
Thank you Mom for my life:) and for giving me the gift of unconditional love. I finally get it! You have made me everything I am!!
Thank you Nana for spoiling me and teaching me about family! You have an exceptional legacy!
Thank you Angie for showing me how to raise a child with God's love and for the amazing hand me down clothes!!
Thank you Cary for teaching me the joy that comes from parenting and how to do it in a laid back, creative way:)
Thank you Gwen for teaching Josh to be a great man and for your generosity.
Thank you Granny for making me part of the family and for being so fun!!
Thank you Roxann for showing me how to prioritize with mommyhood and for loving us.
That doesn't even begin to do justice to what examples these ladies are to me. I love you all and wish you a very Happy Mother's day!
3 comments:
Thanks Kacey, what a sweet post and PRECIOUS picture of you and Lila. I love you and think you happen to be a pretty kick A mom!!
Snif, snif...Thank you Kacey for the shout out. You are a fantastic mother. Lila us so blessed to have you for a mommy!!! I just love this picture and will probably repost it soon. So glad your day ended better than it started:). Oh yeah, let Cooper know the barking fits in the middle of the night must end by Wednesday. Love you and can't wait to see you this week.
Girl--You are an INCREDIBLE mom. Never doubted that you would be for a second! Lila Elizabeth is pretty amazing. I have found my children to be a DAILY reminder of God's grace. Who would have thought we could do what we do and love like we do? ONLY the God that we serve, for sure! I love you bunches!
Post a Comment